Ads!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hot Toys Captain America (Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E Suit) - Winter Soldier


































1,2,3,4,5...
That was how many Hot Toys Captain America I passed before I finally succumbed to this one.
I was pretty close in getting the Avengers Captain America but this figure (Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E Suit) was the one I knew would be the first Hot Toys Captain America.
This suit's design is different from the other suits and this could be one of the reason why I am attracted to it.

There are 2 different sets for the Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E Suit Captain America.
One set comes with another Steve Rogers figure in his civilian clothes.
The other set is just the Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E Suit Captain America.
I decided to go with the solo figure set mainly because the civilian Steve Rogers did not speak to me (come on...I could pass on 5 different Captain Americas in full suits...hence a civilian Steve Rogers is not going to pull my heart strings let alone my wallet!)

The packaging must be really attractive because when I was taking photos of the box, my wife walked past and made this remark: "Wow, that is really a beautiful box!"
Yes, I tend to agree with her that the front design of the box is rather eye catching.
There is 1 plastic tray which fit the figures and all the accessories.
Everything fits nicely and securely.






































The accessories are pretty limited for this figure.
This is mainly due to the movie as Captain America did not appear to have much accessories.
You get the the standard interchangeable hands- 4 pairs plus one with the "pointing figure" pose.














Of course, you get the shield. It would be unforgivable if they missed out the shield.
There were huge issues with the Captain America First Avenger shield.
I do not have that shield for comparison but looking at the current shield, I am quite sure I would not be seeing that problem here.
They also included a clip so that the shield can be attached to the back of Captain America.
We also get the handcuff which is well made and detailed. You can easily open and close the handcuff so it is easy to put on and remove. I am not sure anyone is going to display the Captain all handcuffed....



































For this figure, the display stand is pretty standard and simple.


































Hot toys is well known for its realistic sculpting and painting.
This figure is no different.
There is great skin texturing and the painting makes it so much more realistic.
The helmet also looks great.
Ok...this does not happen too often to Hot Toys but this time round the QC slipped.
I had what looked like paint smudge on his front and back of his helmet.
I paid good money for this figure and I expect a good level of QC.
Tsk...Tsk.




































BTW, the metal buckle at the back is not brownish (as seen on the picture).
It is metal.
Caused by the lighting.


































Everybody is talking about the fat suit that is limiting the upper body articulation.
I understand the reason why Hot Toys put it there so as to bulk up the upper body of the Captain.
This is what I call "you win some you lose some".
You can get very little movement out of the shoulders, elbows, and torso articulation.
He still holds the shield just fine but not very high.
Articulation at anywhere below the waist is just fine.
There are videos online to teach you how to remove the fat suit and it looks easy enough.
I like a bulkier Captain America. So I chose it over articulation...at least for now.





































Shield attached on the back of Captain America.


































Aside from the QC issues on the helmet and the limited upper body articulation, I am pleased with my first Captain America. I am also looking forward to the Captain America from the Avengers Age of Ultron.
































































Captain America The All American Good Guy


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails