Ads!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

NECA Harry Potter Movie Figures

I am glad that NECA picked up the Harry Potter line as I did not want to get the mass market version due to bad sculpt.

I got my hands on the following:
Harry Potter Series 1
Lord Voldemort, Death Eater (scary skull version) & Dementor
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Series 1
Hermione, Ron Weasley, Harry Potter & Sirius Black
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Series 2
Dumbledore & Snape

As usual, I think NECA did good work on this line but with minor issues.
Harry Potter Series 1
I love the sculpt of all 3 figures. Not much complain here except for limited articulation so you will only get one good pose out of these figures. My favourite is Lord Voldemort but I think his pose is a bit too dramatic...(you will see later..scroll down to the last picture)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Series 1
Sculpting for this series continue to be good but I think the paint ops got sloppy. The worst was Ron with inconsistent skin tone and paint slop around his face.
Yeah! Good thing about this line is that they did Hermione and they did her well.
Harry, Ron & Hermione each comes with some pieces to build a practice dummy for their training. Ron has the body, Harry has the head and arms, and Hermione has the base.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Series 2
I think the paint ops got a little better in this series. Snape coat is removable but without it he looks like a music teacher.....(In the movie, Snape usually have the coat on)

All figures come with their wand (except the Dementor of course) and base.
Most of the figures are in their wand fighting stance.
The only bad thing about this whole Harry Potter line is that there are too many version of Harry Potter! Enough already! The worst is that these figures are usually sold in sets so if you want the other figures you are going to get a number of Harry Potter!

I would love to get my hands on Bellatrix & Lucius Malfoy from the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Series 3 and Hagrid (9") but I don't think the shops are going to bring them in as the interest in Harry Potter has died down.

Lord Voldemort




Dementor






Dumbledore






Sirius Black


Good Gary Oldman's likeness




Snape




Now sing along children...


Death Eater








The children - Harry, Hermione & Ron








Lord Voldemort going commando


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous photographs, man. You have quite an eye for macro photography. I'd love to expand my Harry Potter collection to include Snape, Dumbledore, Hagrid, and all the others released since, but having to mail-order them pretty much doubles the price...

Little Plastic Man said...

Thanks. It would be cool to display all the wizards and witches in the movie! Don't you just hate to pay more for a toy due to postage?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails