Ads!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hot Toys T1000

What is cooler than the idea of artificially intelligent machines seeking to exterminate the human race by sending back a Terminator cyborg assassin to murder the mother (Sarah Connor) of the future leader (John Connor) of the human resistance (The Terminator)...to murder the future leader of the human resistance when he is 10 years old (Terminator 2: Judgement Day)...to murder the human resistance lieutenants, the machines most probably got tired of trying to kill John Connor. (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines)...hey, come to think of it the plot is the same...
Ok. Back to the point I was trying to make, what is cooler than the idea of artificially intelligent machines seeking to exterminate the human race by sending back a Terminator cyborg assassin to kill SOMEBODY...The T1000! An advanced Terminator made entirely of liquid metal that allows it to take the shape and appearance of anyone or anything it touches!
Hot Toys is now working the Terminator license and we are given the T-1000.

The packaging has the metallic silver outer sleeve with Robert Patrick (the actor who played the T-1000) face on it. I understand the use of the silver color but the packaging looks rather boring. However I do like that everything is packed nicely onto 1 tray.

Metallic Package.

Everything is packed nicely onto one tray

Don't you just love it when you get additional head sculpts. With this figure, you get the head sculpt of Robert Patrick who played the T-1000. The sculpting is excellent as usual and likeness is spot on. The lack of emotion of the face really ties in with the character of the movie. The standard of Hot Toys sculpting is so high right now that they are "terminating" their competitors!

The second head sculpt shows the head of the T-1000 reforming back to its normal state after it was blasted into 2 by the T-800. Again an excellent sculpt which really brings out the character. I really liked that both the eyes are sculpted looking at one side giving the sculpt so much character. Excellent.

The painting is also well done which enhances the sculpt even more. Hot Toys not only mastered the painting to produce the skin like texture on their figures but they are doing this on a mass market scale!

This guy is pretty loaded with accessories. We get 11 set of hands but what excites me is the hand with the index finger turning into a very sharp point, the two long hook hands, and the bladed hand. With these "hands" they increase the number of ways you can display this fella.
At the end of the hook hands and bladed hand, they added a tinge of blue to make the appearance that the clothing is transitioning right into the hands. This is very well done and really adds so much to the figure with minimal effort.

Another interesting accessory are the bullet wounds. They have magnets at the back and are able to attach to the body which have metal plates on it. Don't you just love these magnet ideas!

Notice the seamless merge between hooks and clothing

You also get the police belt that fits all the goodies that come along with the job of a policeman -the handgun and the two additional clips, flashlight that fits in the loop, the pair of handcuffs and a little pen.

Standard display stand

The T-1000

I am pretty shot up!

This is not a DX figure but we are actually given almost the full accessories to replicate the T-1000 when he morphed into the motorcycle cop.
The so called "missing" accessories are the police belt plus all the items that fit into it and the white T-shirt and Blue shirt.
It is not actually missing, just that I wished they gave us extras of the items but it would not make any economical sense as they would just be giving us 2 identical items.
There is also an instruction manual to teach you how to fit the motorcycle helmet onto the head. So please read first before you try to force the helmet onto the head.

Overall, a very nice figure to have. I decided to pass on both the T-800 but I just could not resist the T-1000!

Items u need to display the T-1000 as the
motorcycle cop.

5 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I see lotz of accessories for the figure and T1000 is in my opinion the most fearsome Terminator that could only be stopped by lava molten and deep freeze. Hee! Hee!

Little Plastic Man said...

Yes the T-1000 is an awesome terminator

sket said...

nice haul and nice little story at the end. now where's the hole in the eye extra head?

desmond said...

Bro, enjoy reading your post on this awesome figure..Nice score!!

Little Plastic Man said...

Yup Des...I am happy with this figure

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails