Ads!

Monday, January 11, 2010

NECA Cult Classics Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs

The Silence of the Lambs movie is based on the novel of the same name by Thomas Harris.
In the movie, Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster), an FBI trainee, seeks the advice of the imprisoned Dr. Hannibal Lecter (played by the outstanding Anthony Hopkins), a brilliant psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer, on catching another serial killer called Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb.
This movie has become a classic and Dr. Hannibal Lecter a pop culture icon.

When NECA announced that they were doing this version of Hannibal Lecter, I knew that this figure will be part of my toy collection!
NECA does produce excellent figures in terms of sculpting for the 6" market. It has also gotten pretty solid licences (they seem to have overtaken Mcfarlane in this area).
The sculpting is good here, you can immediately recognise Anthony Hopkins. I like the way they scultped the expression of the face. A very classic Hannibal Lecter's look. That cold dagger stare! It just brings chill to my spine!
The details on the face and clothes are also impressive. I especially like the way they sculpted the creases on his jacket and prision overall.
If I have to nit pick, it would be the hair. I have looked at pictures of Hannibal Lecter as in this version of the figure and I don't remember his hair being combed nicely. It was more messy as compared to how NECA sculpted his hair.

The painting here is excellent especially on the stray jacket. The wash effect is done just right. The only complaint I have is that the painting of the eyebrows are way too thick. I don't recall Anthony Hopkins having such thick eyebrows!
What I really like about this figure are the accessories. He comes with his leather mask and handcart. On yeah! The iconic leather mask! It is very well done and fits nicely onto the face of the figure. The handcart is also well made with good detailing.

Overall, a very well-made figure with a decent price. In my case, a pop culture icon which deserves to be part of my toy collection.

Dr. Hannibal Lecter, pretty tied up!








Good evening, Clarice






















Dr. Hannibal Lecter's fave food...brains!

6 comments:

LEon said...

I never see this one on sale locally. It is a nice figure and I love the accessories. Where did you get that brain?

desmond said...

Silence of the lambs, very classic figure!!

The Rebel said...

Cool fig frm NECA!

I actually read all 3 books on Hannibal Lecter...once you start reading, you'd get hooked! Funny how Clarice ends up siding him in the end :p

Little Plastic Man said...

Leon - China Square used to sell the figure...I got the brain at China Square also.
Des - Yup classic.
Rebel - NECA figures are generally good.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I think the toy is nice as well as the accessories. Could be better the facial is made more like Anthony Hopkins.

saruman said...

not bad at all.. never senn them here in KL though.. if not I would have bought it.. love the movies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails