Ads!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Singapore Toy, Games and Comic Convention 2010



I have been so busy lately with work and family that I had considered missing the Singapore Toy, Games and Comic Convention 2010!
However, as a toy collector and keen enthusiast of great designs, I felt it would be a cardinal sin not to attend. Hence I took time off on the last day and scrambled off to the convention.

It was very enjoyable and I was happy that I took the time to go down.





Star Wars display
A very cool and nice display of the Rebel's Hoth base and Attack on Hoth made out of Lego.
Very well done!















Designer's Toys
Recently, designer's toys have caught my eye! I really love the simplicity of some of the designs and yet they are able to catch your eye.
The colors are vibrant and outstanding.
I will try to resist the temptation to start collecting such toys... maybe I'll just buy a few.
There were a whole lot of designer's toys for me to feast my eyes on.











Our Project Singa! - Read more at Open The Toy






This I like!












Sticky Monster Lab

This booth caught my attention.
I was really drawn to the design.
I asked if the figures were for sale but was told they were just proto-types.
The artist said they will be launching them in Korea next month. I quickly asked if they will be launched in Singapore anytime soon and the reply was that he was looking for a reseller here.

I really hope to see their designs here soon.

Visit their website here.











Some of our Favourite Toys Shops that feed our passion were there to dish out great deals!

The usual suspects were there to dish out great deals so we would not have to go home empty handed!

































Artists and Designers

There were many artists and designers showing off their work.
Some were familar as I have met them online.
I salute them all!











Random Shots...toys I don't collect but look super cool































Why is Dashing Diva at the convention???

I guess it's for the wives and girlfriends who had to wait for their hubbies and boyfriends as they went about the convention!



My Haul

Yes! I could not resist and got myself some designer toys.
More to come???



9 comments:

alex teo said...

glad you went Adrian :) nice haul CHEERS

Asrul "iLham" Sany said...

seem like a fun event...

desmond said...

Adrian, good to see you at the event. You scored the Soldier Story Man in Suit..Great!!

Little Plastic Man said...

Hi Alex, yes I am glad I did...:)
Hi Asrul, it was a fun event. I only wish that big toy companies like Hot Toys, Hasbro etc would attend and showcase their future products! That would be exciting!!
Great to see you too Des and thanks for telling me about the Soldier Story Man in Suit. It was a great score!

Armand said...

Man, STGCC is getting better and better every year. I'm so gonna take leave to head down for next year's event :)

saruman said...

awesome lah this show!

Little Plastic Man said...

Yes please Armand. Would be great to catch up with u.
Awesome Saruman...especially if you are a big comic fan!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I missed out on STGCC this year and thankful you bring the event to me thru blogging.

Little Plastic Man said...

Hey Dennis, it was a pity we could not go as a group like last year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails