Ads!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Eugene Roe Band of Brothers

Being a platoon medic during my National Service time, I definitely could relate to Eugene "Doc" Roe from the HBO Band of Brothers mini series.

When DID announced that they were releasing the 101st Airborne Combat Medic with Shane Taylor's likeness (the actor who portrayed Eugene Roe), I knew I had to get it.
I remembered Doc Roe best in Ep 6 (Bastogne) but DID's version was far from it! No blame could be attached to DID as the 101st Airborne Combat Medic was never meant to represent Eugene Roe...(they even changed the name to Gilbert Roe).
Regardless, the combat medic by DID had already sparked the inspiration and desire to have a Eugene Roe (Bastogne) figure in my collection. So I started to collect the necessary items to kit- bash my own Doc Roe!
This being my first real attempt to kit-bash a figure, I know there is more room for improvement. However I am just happy I have a Doc Roe (Bastogne) in my collection now.
I will continue to improve on it.

If you want to read the review on DID 101st Airborne Combat Medic, please hop on over to the Rebel Page for a great review!

A very lovely prayer by Eugene Roe in Ep 6 of the BOB
series. The prayer basically covers how he felt during the time
at Bastogne, one of the darkest time for Easy Company 101st Airborne


The likeness to actor Shane Taylor, who played Eugene Roe,
is there but I think the jawline is too wide.


















































My feeble attempt to create his medical pouch


7 comments:

LEon said...

Eugene look better with helmet OFF.

Little Plastic Man said...

Ha Ha...I think the helmet a bit too big for him.

The Rebel said...

Wahh, thanks for mentioning my article/review, Adrian! I'm flabbergasted to say the least...hehehe.....

Your custom figure is a very simple yet 'true representation' of how Eugene looked like in Ep 6 (Bastogne). I love it! It looks wickedly accurate IMHO! Right down to the snow sprinkles on top of his helmet! Where did you get the headsculpt? How bout the rest of his accesories...helmet, winter jacket etc.? Did you recently buy them specifically to kitbash Eugene?

Little Plastic Man said...

Thanks Rebel. The head sculpt is from DID 101st Airborne medic. The rest is from a store that sell many 1:6 items so not sure where they came from. Yup i bought them to kit bash Eugene.

Anonymous said...

Very nice job, LPM. A quick search on the internet reveals that the prayer he said was the prayer of St Francis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_Saint_Francis

Kevlaur

Anonymous said...

I know you posted this awhile ago but my friend recently discovered band of brothers and really likes the character of Doc roe so I want to kitbash him a Roe for christmas but I have no idea where to start. The biggest problem i'm having is finding the head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

-imp

Little Plastic Man said...

Hi imp, I am not an expert in kit bashing 12" figures. I usually go to a shop which sells alot of loose items for 12" figures. I sometimes go to ebay to find items I need.
Are u in Singapore? If so I can direct you to shops I go to...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails