Ads!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dunny Series 2009 & 20010

A curved bunny with a smooth face, DUNNY is a blank canvas designed to be repainted and reinterpreted by artists from many different backgrounds.

I recently picked up some Dunnys from Dunny series 2010 and Dunny series 2009.

From series 2010, I got a design by Sket One.

Painter, illustrator, and designer, Sket One has built a successful career as a visual artist whose work is both acclaimed and in high demand. His artwork has been exhibited in galleries worldwide.

The design is so cool that when I laid eyes on it, I had to have it.











From series 2009, I got a design by Luke Chueh.

Employing minimal color schemes, simple animal characters, and a seemingly endless list of ill-fated situations, Chueh stylistically balances cute with brute, walking the fine line between comedy and tragedy. Chueh's work has been featured in galleries around the world, and some of his paintings have also been reinterpreted into vinyl toys.

This is another cool design and the best thing is that this dunny is flocked!











To top it up, the shop owner and his wife gave me a free dunny when I made the purchases.
They said that they were trying to clear their extras and by doing so I would come back to patronise them again.
Great great marketing...LOL

For the free dunny, I got one from series 2010 designed by Amanda Visell.

Amanda Visell lives in Los Angeles area by choice. She paints cartoony pictures and makes things. She did not go to school for this. Her artwork can be seen in galleries and museums nationwide including an exhibit and exclusive merchandise line at Disneyland USA.

I am quite familiar with her works hence when I saw it, I knew I would get it.









Now look what you have done...

2 comments:

chrismandesign said...

the designer’s toys r one of my passions (among a lot of them =)... well i’m a graphic/web designer so that explains almost everything... & when they bring back some bloody feelings, the better !!!... the only problem, they’re usually a bit expensive =(

Little Plastic Man said...

You are so right in terms of pricing but the designs on them are really cool and unique!
Worth it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails